The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Jason Carreira

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Thomas Gideon

Nickname: cmdln

Thomas Gideon is a hacker curmudgeon.
Jason Carreira Posted: Dec 7, 2003 7:41 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Thomas Gideon.
Original Post: Jason Carreira
Feed Title: Command Line Interface
Feed URL: http://www.gideonfamily.org/roller/rss/cmdln?catname=Java
Feed Description: The blog of a programmer-hacktivist-curmudgeon who occasional rants about society, work, and technology, among other things. Now how do I get to a command prompt on this thing?
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Thomas Gideon
Latest Posts From Command Line Interface

Advertisement

Does this guy go trolling for Struts blog entries or something? He suggested in response to my recent criticism of Struts that I give XWork/WebWork2 a try before writing my own framework.

I am as likely to launch into writing my own framework right now as I am to hit the lottery, even if I did play. Work is insane and however it pans out with the current decision point, isn't going to settle down enough to allow more personal development time. And I am not going to commit the fatal mistake of undertaking a second, significantly more ambitious project before completing everything I've set out to accomplish with Navel. Assuming my threes of users really want me to finish Navel.

As much as I am dissatisfied and disagree with some of Struts design decisions (DynaForms in particular), it is what I know best right now, so I'll probably keep using it until I learn or craft something better. I'm not sure how much better I'm going to like Jason's code given his apparent attitudes towards some of the technologies I happen to enjoy, like JSTL.

Read: Jason Carreira

Topic: Where's Yeti? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Peek-a-boo logic in MySQL

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use