The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Links for 2008-11-19 [del.icio.us]

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
dion

Nickname: dion

Dion Almaer is the Editor-in-Chief for TheServerSide.com, and is an enterprise Java evangelist
Links for 2008-11-19 [del.icio.us] Posted: Nov 19, 2008 10:08 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by dion.
Original Post: Links for 2008-11-19 [del.icio.us]
Feed Title: techno.blog(Dion)
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dion
Feed Description: blogging about life the universe and everything tech
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by dion
Latest Posts From techno.blog(Dion)

Advertisement
  • script.aculo.us 1.8.2 service release
    script-y upgrade that you will want.
  • This Week in HTML 5 - Episode 13
    "The big news this week is a major revamping of how browsers should process multimedia in the <audio> and <video> elements."
  • Using JSON in Firefox - MDC
    Eric Shepherd writes up the native JSON support in FF 3.1
  • about:mozilla: Fashion Your Firefox, Firefox China Edition, about:labs and more…
    Fashion Your Firefox Firefox China Edition Released about:labs - A New Weekly Newsletter About Mozilla Labs Bugzilla at NASA Firefox 3.0.4 and Firefox 2.0.0.18 Released Spread Thunderbird Developer calendar Subscribe to the email newsletter
  • Vocito (Voe-kee-toe)*
    "For those of you who are lucky enough to be be part of the GrandCentral Beta Program, there's a new toy on the Google Mac Playground. Vocito* is a quick dialer that lets you dial your phone directly from your desktop. Vocito is also integrated into Address Book, QuickSilver, and Automator, and is fully AppleScriptable."
  • Canvas in full 3D - LBi Lost Boys
    "It includes texture mapping, rudimentary hittesting and more. He's also working on full collada support now (3dsmax modelling and stuff) which is also progressing very nicely!"
  • Regular Expressions, the Love-Hate Relationship
    Where has Dustin Diaz been? "Good question. I’ve been working on Gmail since last February building high fidelity prototypes to test new ideas." Ahhh yeah :)
  • Mac OS X accessibility: A success story
    "For the Mozilla story, this underlines that we better continue our effort soon to get Firefox accessible on the Mac so people can take advantage of things like WebVisum there, too. If you’d like to listen to some demos of VoiceOver support on the Mac, there is a great three-part podcast series on Blind Cool Tech made by Mike Arrigo that is definitely worth the time listening to!"
  • Why is the web the default development platform?
    "10 years ago the default was probably VB6/Windows, these days it’s just the web. Why? If we don't know what's right about the web, then it's hard to know how to build on the success."
  • iPhone sex: Google application baffled by British accents (AFP) by AFP: Yahoo! Tech
    Proof I am too American... works OK for me: "A new voice-recognition search tool for the iPhone has problems understanding British accents, leading to some bizarre answers to spoken queries, a newspaper report and users said Wednesday."
  • mozilla mission financials - 2007 and beyond
    "Mitchell Baker has posted some results from Mozilla’s 2007 financial filings and how they relate to our ability to execute against our non-profit mission over the coming years. The numbers are what the press will likely report, just given history as a guide. But there’s a deeper message that I suspect needs repeating here. When you’re in the thick of operations - shipping, feedback, building programs, executing and talking to people on a day to day basis - sometimes it’s hard to take a step back and really think about what has happened over the last couple of years and how far Mozilla as a project has grown. Mitchell’s post is a reminder that the project is very healthy and I think over time it’s become even more mission-focused as the basic mechanism to drive the change that we want to see has fallen into place: Firefox market share."
  • A Security Model for Ubiquity
    "As a place to start, I’ve created a new safebox.js JS module in the Ubiquity repository that provides a safe interface to communicate with a Components.utils.Sandbox running untrusted code in xpcshell or an XULRunner application (e.g., Firefox or Thunderbird). All data going into and out of the sandbox is marshalled using JSON, and all communication is synchronous. Sample unit test code can currently be found in safebox_tests.js. I’d also like to thank Blake Kaplan for explaining some of the underpinnings of the Spidermonkey and XPConnect security models to me, as well as assisting in the debugging of some strange XPCSafeJSObjectWrapper behavior under xpcshell."
  • Brendan Eich interviewed for CNET’s CIO Sessions
    "Brendan Eich, CTO of Mozilla, talks to CNET News’ Dan Farber about why the company now commands 20 percent of the browser market and what they’re doing to grow. He also discusses the company’s mobile browser strategy, making Firefox faster than the competition, and taking chances with the company’s core brand."
  • Rewriting Twitter for web best practices
    "TwitterFE is a read-only clone of Twitter's front-end that fixes many of my frustrations with the site's front-end engineering and creates a new platform for future third-party development. Any site could roll these types of improvements back into their core services. Twitter APIs are full-featured enough I can clone the Twitter front-end without creating yet another stand-alone Twitter-like site. There is a difference between a website or widget rendering in a browser and having the same site perform exceptionally well. Established web teams should revisit their web content to optimize experiences. TwitterFE.com is the result of one person working part-time for a week to re-write the front end of a website serving millions of monthly visitors. Similar lessons apply throughout the Web world."
  • Lively no more
    I never got Lively. Pulling the plug shows common sense and should be considered a good thing. No bailouts at Google ;)

Read: Links for 2008-11-19 [del.icio.us]

Topic: Breaking News: Digg is Dead, Temporarily. Period. Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Preon Google Group

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use