The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
New Episode of RIA Weekly - BizSpark, Adobe MAX, Google Audio/Video from PeopleOverProcess.com

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Michael Cote

Nickname: bushwald

Cote is a programmer in Austin, Texas.
New Episode of RIA Weekly - BizSpark, Adobe MAX, Google Audio/Video from PeopleOverProcess.com Posted: Nov 13, 2008 12:36 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Michael Cote.
Original Post: New Episode of RIA Weekly - BizSpark, Adobe MAX, Google Audio/Video from PeopleOverProcess.com
Feed Title: Cote's Weblog: Coding, Austin, etc.
Feed URL: https://cote.io/feed/
Feed Description: Using Java to get to the ideal state.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Michael Cote
Latest Posts From Cote's Weblog: Coding, Austin, etc.

Advertisement

(Since posting has been a bit sparse here of late, I thought I’d cross-post this recent episode of RIA Weekly -Coté)

Faucet at Railroad Blues

You can download this episode directly directly and it’ll also show up in the RIA Weekly feed for iTunes and other podcatchers. Or, just use the controls below to listen to it right here:

[Fancy Player]

&&

http://media.libsyn.com/media/redmonk/riaweekly029.mp3

Me still out in West Texas, we had to phone this episode in instead of record it on Skype. That said, Ryan and I manage to pack the episode up:

• We start out talking about Microsoft’s new BizSpark offering. Essentially, if you qualify as a startup you get a load of software for development and running on the Microsoft stack in product (if you’re doing a SaaS application) for $100 after three years. As we comment, this is pretty big offering compared to the normals costs for even an MSDN subscription, not to mention the production licenses.
  • We talk about Adobe MAX, coming up next week. Among other things, Ryan will be on an open source panel, while I’ll be looking forward to seeing the MAX awards announced, of which I was judge.
  • Finally, we wrap up by talking about Google’s release this week of audio and video in GMail. This being RIA weekly, we try to wedge this new functionality into an the RIA landscape and take time to talk about Google’s possible RIA platform ambitions, if only providing implementations for some of the richer tags coming up in HTML 5.

Sponsorship

This Episode is Sponsored by Adobe:

Use the Adobe Flex framework and Adobe AIR to create rich Internet applications. RIAs that combine the wide reach of the browser and the flexibility of applications that can also be delivered outside the browser. Adobe Flex combined with Adobe AIR provides an agile and powerful solution to develop and make quick iterations on applications that reach across platforms and deliver a consistent user experience.

Adobe

Download the free Flex Builder trial and the Adobe AIR SDK and start building the next- generation of RIAs.

Disclosure: Adobe is a client, as is Microsoft.

Read: New Episode of RIA Weekly - BizSpark, Adobe MAX, Google Audio/Video from PeopleOverProcess.com

Topic: Wrong About TDD Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Meet JetBrains' Release of the Year: IntelliJ IDEA 8

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use