The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Burn After Watching

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Elliotte Rusty Harold

Nickname: elharo

Elliotte Rusty Harold is an author, developer, and general kibitzer.
Burn After Watching Posted: Sep 18, 2008 9:58 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Elliotte Rusty Harold.
Original Post: Burn After Watching
Feed Title: Mokka mit Schlag
Feed URL: http://www.elharo.com/blog/feed/atom/?
Feed Description: Ranting and Raving
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Elliotte Rusty Harold
Latest Posts From Mokka mit Schlag

Advertisement

I caught Burn After reading last night. I wasn’t planning to see this–I generally avoid CIA movies–but Beth wanted to see it, and George Clooney was in it so how bad could it be? Not very. In fact, it was quite good. It was exactly what most Hollywood movies aren’t: almost completely unpredictable. With one or two exceptions, I never knew where it was going next right up through the end. It was anything but formulaic, and quite amusing all the way through.

I’d seen a lot of previews for this flick over the last few months, and I’m pleased to say they really didn’t give anything away, though they did give a good feel for the movie. Creating a good preview is relatively hard, and they pulled it off. Without actually lying about what the movie was like or about, the preview still left you quite unaware of what you were getting into. I won’t spoil it for you, but do see it if you get the chance. It’s worth the $9.

Read: Burn After Watching

Topic: Brilliant Yellow Journalism From Reuters Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Links for September 10th from PeopleOverProcess.com

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use