The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Episode 17 - Curls’ Richard Monson-Haefel, RIA Middleware, Search for Flash from...

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Michael Cote

Nickname: bushwald

Cote is a programmer in Austin, Texas.
Episode 17 - Curls’ Richard Monson-Haefel, RIA Middleware, Search for Flash from... Posted: Jul 4, 2008 4:30 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Michael Cote.
Original Post: Episode 17 - Curls’ Richard Monson-Haefel, RIA Middleware, Search for Flash from...
Feed Title: Cote's Weblog: Coding, Austin, etc.
Feed URL: https://cote.io/feed/
Feed Description: Using Java to get to the ideal state.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Michael Cote
Latest Posts From Cote's Weblog: Coding, Austin, etc.

Advertisement

200807031834.jpg

Download the episode directly or subscribe to the feed in iTunes or other podcatcher.

New Sponsor: RIAjobs.org - Listener Deals

As mentioned at the beginning of this episode, we have a new sponsor: RIAjobs.org. And, even better, we have two specials for you, dear RIA Weekly listeners. Go over to http://RIAjobs.org/riaweekly/ and you can get discounts for listing a job and posting ads. If you’re looking for an RIA job or looking to hire someone, go check it out ;>

We’re Joined by RMH

In this episode, we’re joined by Curl’s Richard Monson-Haefel. As you would expect, we open up the episode talking about Curl in detail. We go over some recent news, then delve into Curl’s history, and then finally end up taking about the enterprise and business applications for Curl and features that help there.

Also, we spend sometime comparing the Japanese vs the American IT market, I topic I always enjoy dipping into. Richard and I have a bit of a Java Good Ol’ Boys chit-chat as we compare the days of EJBs and JSF to RIA-land.

Launching into the news, we talk about Adobe providing Yahoo! and Google a special version of the Flash Player that “plays” SWF files, helping those search engines pull out more searchable text. We briefly touch on WordPress using Gears to boost their admin interface.

And, if you’re interested in the free webinar on RIA, cloud, and data integration I mention at the end, check out more details here.

Disclaimer: Adobe and Microsoft are clients. See the RedMonk client list for other clients mentioned.

Read: Episode 17 - Curls’ Richard Monson-Haefel, RIA Middleware, Search for Flash from...

Topic: Episode 129 - Cloud Conferences, Flex, Flex Builder from DrunkAndRetired.com Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: links for 2008-06-27 from PeopleOverProcess.com

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use