The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Coffee in Bed, of, Thanksgiving Lazy-Links

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Michael Cote

Nickname: bushwald

Cote is a programmer in Austin, Texas.
Coffee in Bed, of, Thanksgiving Lazy-Links Posted: Nov 27, 2003 11:30 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Michael Cote.
Original Post: Coffee in Bed, of, Thanksgiving Lazy-Links
Feed Title: Cote's Weblog: Coding, Austin, etc.
Feed URL: https://cote.io/feed/
Feed Description: Using Java to get to the ideal state.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Michael Cote
Latest Posts From Cote's Weblog: Coding, Austin, etc.

Advertisement
  • US State Governments avoid offshoring, e.g., "New Jersey now spends $340,000 per month on supporting its welfare benefits applications from a call center in Camden, which represents a 28% premium over the $266,200 monthly charge it was paying for the service when it was delivered from Mumbai. " There are interesting responses to The Register's article as well. Also, the CNET story on the same topic.
  • iPod Users Strike Back! "Irked at what seemed to be the early obsolescence of the music player, the brothers trekked around New York City stenciling the words "iPod's unreplaceable battery lasts only 18 months" on all the iPod posters they could find."
  • Chinese Myth And Reality:
    The way to beat China is to stop being scared of pressing our advantages, and to press them. Our advantages are speed, capital and liberty. We have tossed those away to fight the "war on terror" and in doing this, we have given away the real game.
  • On not using RSS/Aggregators: "I think the most important thing about this technique is that I am reading a wider variety of sites now than I was with RSS. With RSS, at a certain point, I was basically slaving away at reading all of the sites I was already subscribed to. Without it, I try out new names on blogrolls more often. "

Read: Coffee in Bed, of, Thanksgiving Lazy-Links

Topic: Use Custom Tags to Aggregate RSS Feeds into JSP-Based Web Apps Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Stopping e-mail notifications when new comments are added

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use