The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Setting up JMS with WebSphere MQ

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Simon Brown

Nickname: simonbrown

Simon Brown is a Java developer, architect and author.
Setting up JMS with WebSphere MQ Posted: Nov 27, 2003 10:01 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Simon Brown.
Original Post: Setting up JMS with WebSphere MQ
Feed Title: Simon Brown's weblog
Feed URL: http://www.simongbrown.com/blog/feed.xml?flavor=rss20&category=java
Feed Description: My thoughts on Java, software development and technology.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Simon Brown
Latest Posts From Simon Brown's weblog

Advertisement

I've not done much work with IBM software but my current project is using it in a big way and the system is heavily message-based. Over the past week I've been installing and getting up to speed with WebSphere 5.0 and WebSphere Studio Application Developer. With a development environment up and running, the first thing I wanted to do was build a simple message-driven bean that would listen to an MQ queue. I thought that this would be simple but it turned out to be real pain. No matter what I tried, I just could not get the bean to deploy because of exceptions being thrown by JNDI. I'd followed all the instructions and even dug out a full step-by-step tutorial on how to build and deploy an MDB in WSAD. Still no joy.

As it turns out, the original MQ 5.3 install was performed without selecting the MQ/JMS integration. If you have MQ installed, then you don't seem to be able to use the embedded (internal) WAS JMS server and it defaults to using MQ. Of course, my MQ installation wasn't complete and therefore WAS couldn't use this either! No matter what I did, I just could not get any JMS objects bound into JNDI. Once we figured out that the MQ/JMS stuff wasn't installed, we had the MDB up and running in no time at all. If you take a look in your MQ install directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ) there should be a Java directory. If there's no bin subdirectory then chances are the JMS integration hasn't been installed. I hope this helps somebody else in the future as it's not that well documented.

Read: Setting up JMS with WebSphere MQ

Topic: Stopping e-mail notifications when new comments are added Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Java Invention

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use