The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Eclipse EquinoxP2 Hell

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Fred Grott

Nickname: shareme

Fred Grott is Lead Developer-CEO of ShareMe Technologies LLC -The Mobile Future
Eclipse EquinoxP2 Hell Posted: May 22, 2008 6:43 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Fred Grott.
Original Post: Eclipse EquinoxP2 Hell
Feed Title: ShareMe Technologies LLC-The Mobile Future
Feed URL: http://www.jroller.com/shareme/feed/entries/rss
Feed Description: A Weblog about Java programming and digital convergence on mobile devices in such areas as P2P and collaborative technology.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Fred Grott
Latest Posts From ShareMe Technologies LLC-The Mobile Future

Advertisement
I am on my 5th reinstall of Elcipse3.4 folks since yesterday. One of the problems seems to be how major Eclipse plug-ins by-passed normal Eclipse operation. Listen up, for all major plug-ins that require the -clean command in Eclipse 3.3 install as a drop-in. The regular Eclipse EquinoxP2 operation does not put update site to plug-ins as downloading to the dropins folder.

To migrate those plug-ins you will have to select a small group an drop in dropins folder and than boot up Eclipse 3.4 and repeat that process until you have all legacy plug-ins installed in the dropins folder. No, I have to figured out how to get Acceleo modules loaded yet, but do not install those modules via EquinoxP2(ie the non-dropins folder way) as you will end up with a non-update-able Eclipse install.

Sorry Eclipse team, it needs work and most of that work is from plug-in authors abusing the -clean command rather than doing it an approved Eclipse way and thus you can understand the frustration of Eclipse committers when users complain about this as it somewhat not their faults.

In fact I would suggest that you do a separate folder in dropins folder just for all plug-ins that use the -clean command so that you can migrate those plug-ins for use inn Eclipse 3.4.

However those early adopters taking the plunge now, the Ganymedede download links are here. The proper load/install sequence is:

C++
GMF
Models
Enabling
Java
OtherTools
Programming
Remote
Test
Web
SOA
Charting
Uncategorized

I should have more about my plug-in migration steps this afternoon.

Read: Eclipse EquinoxP2 Hell

Topic: Microsoft Launches Worldwide Virtual Telescope Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Where was this class loaded from?!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use