The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Suggested Auto-Twitters for @joscoffee from PeopleOverProcess.com

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Michael Cote

Nickname: bushwald

Cote is a programmer in Austin, Texas.
Suggested Auto-Twitters for @joscoffee from PeopleOverProcess.com Posted: Apr 19, 2008 1:10 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Michael Cote.
Original Post: Suggested Auto-Twitters for @joscoffee from PeopleOverProcess.com
Feed Title: Cote's Weblog: Coding, Austin, etc.
Feed URL: https://cote.io/feed/
Feed Description: Using Java to get to the ideal state.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Michael Cote
Latest Posts From Cote's Weblog: Coding, Austin, etc.

Advertisement

Afternoon coffee

I actually don’t go to Jo’s Coffee much at all. They’re way down in South Austin, where-as I’m in “North Central.” But, they have a Twitter account which was used a bit at first, but has since died down (no posts since nine months ago). My thinking is that they should just hook-up a Twitter bot to post 2-3 things every day, maybe pre-load it (use an auto-posting bot) each week with a bunch of silly comments like:

• Just got a new shipment of onion buns for our burgers. Cooking up rare patty now for breakfast burger. So good.
  • Print out this Twitter and bring it by Jo’s south for a free refill on coffee. Bet in the first 10, and get a free cup!
  • I think those Amy’s Ice-cream people across the street are up to something. Coffee melts ice-cream, boy-o.
  • Thinking about introducing coffee line for dogs.
  • In the summer, how can we get the coffee just hot enough to taste good, but not so hot that you don’t want to drink it in the Austin heat?
  • A little embarrassed that we have a shop in something called 2nd street district. “District” is just one friggin’ block!
  • [Assuming some ERP/back-office integration] Just sold 300 cups of coffee today. It’s only 10AM.

I’m sure the customers could think of better things to say. Indeed, Jo’s could put up a little sign that said, “write down 140 character thing for Jo to say: get a free re-fill” and then use those “user-submitted” Tweats. A free re-fill is certainly better than digital sharecropping for nothing.

The point here, of course, is to sell more coffee eventually. More so, it’s to keep me and other @joscoffee people entertained and eye-balling Jo’s even when they’re not there drinking coffee of enjoying those delicious onion-bunned burgers. Sure, you could think of it as annoying spam-junk, but then you can just not follow and even block them.

Now, if you had the actual employees manning the @joscoffee account, well, that’d be a whole new thing of excitement.

Either way, I’m sure people following @joscoffee would often see a Twit, think they want a coffee, and then next thing you know end up at Jo’s, where they’d probably be going already if someone would just ask. I mean, it’s the internet man: that’s the kind of crap we do if people opt-in to it.

As always, this general train of thought applies to more than just @joscoffee, or even coffee shops. It’d be rad if my neighborhood coffee shop - which I do frequent, mostly for coffee on the go - Thunderbird had it.

Technorati Tags: , ,

Read: Suggested Auto-Twitters for @joscoffee from PeopleOverProcess.com

Topic: Breaking Version Inertia: Ant: import and macrodef Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use