The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Next Stop: Beijing

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Elliotte Rusty Harold

Nickname: elharo

Elliotte Rusty Harold is an author, developer, and general kibitzer.
Next Stop: Beijing Posted: Apr 13, 2008 1:29 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Elliotte Rusty Harold.
Original Post: Next Stop: Beijing
Feed Title: Mokka mit Schlag
Feed URL: http://www.elharo.com/blog/feed/atom/?
Feed Description: Ranting and Raving
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Elliotte Rusty Harold
Latest Posts From Mokka mit Schlag

Advertisement

In a few days I’m leaving for Beijing for the International Alliance of Women in Music Biennial Congress. Actually, my wife’s going to the conference. I’m just tagging along in a spousal capacity. (It’s not like she hasn’t been to enough software conferences over the years.) I’m not sure what sort of Internet access I’ll have over there. I know that IBiblio, where Cafe au Lait and Cafe con Leche are hosted, is routinely blocked by the great firewall of China. For all I know, this site is too.

While we have some sightseeing planned, I will have quite a few days to kill while Beth attends the conference. I have my Chinese field guide, and I’m trying to make reservations for at least one day with a local guide. Otherwise, if anyone would care to make suggestions about local sites or birding, please leave a comment. However I probably won’t be able to make overnight trips away from the capital, so that limits me quite a bit.

Read: Next Stop: Beijing

Topic: Standard Timetabling Format Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Lizenztext, Benutzername etc

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use