The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Wish List (Free) Application Has Named Groups

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Brian McCallister

Nickname: frums

Brian McCallister is JustaProgrammer who thinks too much.
Wish List (Free) Application Has Named Groups Posted: Nov 24, 2003 7:11 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Brian McCallister.
Original Post: Wish List (Free) Application Has Named Groups
Feed Title: Waste of Time
Feed URL: http://kasparov.skife.org/blog/index.rss
Feed Description: A simple waste of time and weblog experiment
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Brian McCallister
Latest Posts From Waste of Time

Advertisement

The Wish List application now has named groups of people with whom you can share your #{ holiday.name } gift wish list. I promised a number of people to get this in place before Thanksgiving and it is there. Woot.

The user interface is clunky at the moment and I am trying to find a better way to work it and maintain all the privacy requirements. Right now anyone can create a group. You can invite one of your friends to join a group in which you are already a member. You cannot invite someone who is not already your friend to join a group. You cannot ask to join a group, you must be invited. These last two are not ideal but I have yet to come up with a UI that isn't painful and maintains privacy. Suggestions are welcome.

btw - anyone is welcome to use the wish list, in various forms (it started in PHP) it has been live for three years but just not open to the public because of some scalability issues. Now it is available for anyone to use, so if you want to, enjoy. I just ask that you email me any bugs you find =)

Read: Wish List (Free) Application Has Named Groups

Topic: Pre-compile JSP's on JBoss? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Living With The Pocket PC

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use