The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
GroundWork 5.2 Interview with David Dennis from PeopleOverProcess.com

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Michael Cote

Nickname: bushwald

Cote is a programmer in Austin, Texas.
GroundWork 5.2 Interview with David Dennis from PeopleOverProcess.com Posted: Mar 25, 2008 4:49 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Michael Cote.
Original Post: GroundWork 5.2 Interview with David Dennis from PeopleOverProcess.com
Feed Title: Cote's Weblog: Coding, Austin, etc.
Feed URL: https://cote.io/feed/
Feed Description: Using Java to get to the ideal state.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Michael Cote
Latest Posts From Cote's Weblog: Coding, Austin, etc.

Advertisement

RedMonk client GroundWork Open Source released version 5.2 of their GroundWork Monitor product line today. See the press release and Paula Rooney’s note here.

Last week, they sponsored a RedMonk video interview with David Dennis on the topic of IT Management in general and, of course, GroundWork specifically. I split the video into two parts, the general, market-level overview and then the specific 5.2 features:

Part 1

In the first part, I talk with David Dennis, Senior Director of Product Marketing at GroundWork Open Source. GroundWork has a new release, so I take this time to ask David how GroundWork’s been doing and what type of deployments they find themselves in, that is, where GroundWork is fitting in in the overall IT Management stack. David uses a brief explanation of the theory of comparative advantage to explain GroundWork’s theory that other IT Management vendors are looking to move up the data center management stack, leaving monitoring and management for others. We close out this first part by discussing how open source IT Management folks can fit into their idea.

Part 2

In the second part of this two part interview, I continue talking with David Dennis, Senior Director of Product Marketing at GroundWork Open Source. Here, we go over a general overview of what GroundWork Monitor is, namely, an integrated combination of different open source IT Management projects and stacks. As David notes, they’re no limited to working with just open source stacks, being able to integrate with any piece of IT Management software that has an interface and/or API. We also go over new features and improvements in GroundWork Monitor 5.2. Of most interest to me are the scripting or “management” functions built into 5.2’s UI.

Disclaimer: GroundWork is a client and used hours to do these videos.

Technorati Tags:

Read: GroundWork 5.2 Interview with David Dennis from PeopleOverProcess.com

Topic: Professional Window Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: links for 2008-03-18 from PeopleOverProcess.com

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use