The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Opportunity Knocks

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Jun 9, 2005 12:32 PM by Eugene Sukhodolin

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
John Topley

Nickname: johntopley

John Topley is embarking on a journey to become a J2EE master.
Opportunity Knocks Posted: Nov 19, 2003 3:11 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by John Topley.
Original Post: Opportunity Knocks
Feed Title: John Topley's Weblog
Feed URL: http://johntopley.com/posts.atom
Feed Description: John Topley's Weblog - some articles on Ruby on Rails development.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by John Topley
Latest Posts From John Topley's Weblog

Advertisement

Back in the long, hot, heady days of summer, I ranted about an unsolicited e-mail I'd received from a gentleman named Sam Bazzi, who was advertising a Delphi developer position. I thought I'd revisit my reasons for mentioning it because it's provoked the largest reaction to anything I've written on this blog so far and because a few people seem to have misunderstood my position on the matter.

I'll start by pointing out that I have nothing against Sam Bazzi as an individual and I wish anyone well who is still managing to make a living using Delphi, in the face of great adversity from Borland's management and marketing department. What I was trying to draw attention to was the method he used for recruitment. Now call me jaded and cynical if you want, but I'm pretty suspicious of a total stranger trying to make use of my services by using my e-mail address that has been obtained from who knows where. Most kosher employers tend to have a website nowadays, or at the very least a registered business address that they include in correspondence! And the fact that the e-mail wasn't very professionally worded didn't fill me with confidence either.

Some people have left comments saying that they've worked with him and that he's nice and he pays on time, which is great for them. However, other people appear to have been ripped off. So I think the jury's still out as to whether I was too harsh in my original assessment. However, I still think it pays to be wary with offers like this.

Read: Opportunity Knocks

Eugene Sukhodolin

Nickname: sukhodolin

Re: Opportunity Knocks Posted: Jun 9, 2005 12:32 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Sam Bazzi is the cheater! Just look at the http://www.cheatedby.com or contact me for my story too.

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: Pie! [Flickr] Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: SWT Custom Widgets

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use