The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Obligatory Christmas-Slash-Year-End Superpost

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Cory Watson

Nickname: gphat

Cory Watson is a Senior Developer for Magazines.com
Obligatory Christmas-Slash-Year-End Superpost Posted: Dec 28, 2007 7:55 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Cory Watson.
Original Post: Obligatory Christmas-Slash-Year-End Superpost
Feed Title: One Mo' Gin
Feed URL: http://www.onemogin.com/blog/feed
Feed Description: Thoughts on many things. Developer stuff, mostly.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Cory Watson
Latest Posts From One Mo' Gin

Advertisement

Two months since my last post. It’s not really that I haven’t had anything to say, I assure you. I just don’t remember it long enough to write it out or I haven’t felt compelled to write about it in public. I guess. Who knows?

Imagine that I’m summarizing fanciful adventures and bracing, hard-fought lessons in this post. Go ahead, I’ll wait.

With that out of the way, we can quickly douse the fires of interest by describing the months of software development that culminated the creating of an order entry system for $work. That aspect of my life is harrowing and exciting. It’s a work in progress. More on that some other time, perhaps?

I’ve been… disconnected for a month or two. I rarely open NetNewsWire and I keep Twitterific closed. I’m not really sure why I’ve shunned the torrent of information I normally subject myself to. There was a spell of time — from September to mid November — where i struggled to produce a modicum of giveashit. This time was terribly busy and shutting down the founts of information was a requirement to maintain my sanity. My enthusiasm to reenter the ‘normal’ information overload has been tepid at best. I just trimmed 25 blogs out of my feed list and it still feels too big. Ok, another 20 more. Down to 80. That feels better.

I’d try and summarize the year, but I have some type of malady that muddies my memory past about 30 days. My girlfriend moved in, I shipped a big software project, nearly went insane and attended a Perl conference. All that’s happened in the last few months so it’s a poor summary.

So fuck that noise. Lets talk about what is going to happen in aught-eight:

• Be a good daddy
  • Be a good boyfriend
  • Enjoy my job more (working on managing up, delegating, componentizing and more)
  • Go on vacation (Disney World for my brother’s wedding, March 30 - April 5)
  • More

I’ve tried to write this post mutiple times. I finally succeeded. I’m not sure why my desire to talk to the world in this way has dried up. Surely I have things to say…

Read: Obligatory Christmas-Slash-Year-End Superpost

Topic: How To Uninstall GrooveMonitor.exe Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: JetGroovy and Ruby Plugins Released

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use