The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Links for 2007-10-12 [del.icio.us]

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
dion

Nickname: dion

Dion Almaer is the Editor-in-Chief for TheServerSide.com, and is an enterprise Java evangelist
Links for 2007-10-12 [del.icio.us] Posted: Oct 12, 2007 10:41 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by dion.
Original Post: Links for 2007-10-12 [del.icio.us]
Feed Title: techno.blog(Dion)
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dion
Feed Description: blogging about life the universe and everything tech
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by dion
Latest Posts From techno.blog(Dion)

Advertisement
  • Unofficial Gtalk Application for Facebook Launches
    At first I just thought it was embedding GTalk, but mixing in the Facebook friends too is nice.
  • Technical Note TN2177: Preparing Content for Safari 3 and WebKit
    The WebKit engine behind Safari and Dashboard has been significantly improved with Safari 3 to further encourage standards-based development. This Technical Note discusses common nonstandard coding techniques that are not supported by WebKit as of Safari3
  • Koz Speaks: Truth about Rails
    Rails 2.0 has had several profiling-driven optimisations we found by benchmarking real applications rather than hello world apps. Named routes were a common source of slowness in big applications, so 2.0 has new code that makes them several times faster.
  • Mystery: An exposé on JRuby performance
    I love how the JRuby crew are keeping high level and trying to hunt down the weirdness that makes the microbenchmarks fast for JRuby, but JRails is slow. I can't wait to see the crazy regex in a while loop that surfaces ;)
  • Get Lat Lon - find the latitude and longitude of a point on a map
    Simon has done a nice Google Maps app that means that you don't have to play the link trick to get the lat/lon. It would be nice if he added the search control (just one line of code Simon!) so you don't have to zoom to get where you are going.
  • It's Official: We Picked The Wrong Guy
    The guy who "won" ended up screwing up the entire country. The guy who lost ended up getting a nobel peace prize. I with it was the president that was getting a nobel prize.
  • CSS Vertical Bar Graphs
    Eric is up to his old magic, showing us something that seems so new (take a table and make it a nice looking bar graph) using CSS that has been running in browsers for years!

Read: Links for 2007-10-12 [del.icio.us]

Topic: The iPhone and Public APIs Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Steve Souders on Web Performance

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use