The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Travel Blog from PeopleOverProcess.com

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Michael Cote

Nickname: bushwald

Cote is a programmer in Austin, Texas.
Travel Blog from PeopleOverProcess.com Posted: Sep 10, 2007 12:57 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Michael Cote.
Original Post: Travel Blog from PeopleOverProcess.com
Feed Title: Cote's Weblog: Coding, Austin, etc.
Feed URL: https://cote.io/feed/
Feed Description: Using Java to get to the ideal state.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Michael Cote
Latest Posts From Cote's Weblog: Coding, Austin, etc.

Advertisement

While I Twittered it last week, I wanted to point out another blog I started up recently: DrunkAndRetired.com Travel. I travel quite a lot (well, relative to my programmer life) and, as a systems type thinker, I’ve had fun walking around the loyalty programs, particularly, American Airlines’ AAdvantage program.

So, as with most things that I spend too much time doing, I started a blog for it to “write-out” my insomnia and boredom, if you will.

My plan is to simply “document” things (like how to get elite status), collect together links, and post “strategies” for getting more bonus miles, like using the eShopping site.

I’m by no means an expert on frequent travel “hacks,” so I welcome and relish all input. The funny thing is, even with having the blog out just over a week, I’ve gotten a lot of input from people already. There’ve been several comments already, and plenty of real-world bleed over: I had a fun talk with Gregg Sporar at the Lonestar Ruby Conference about optimizing AUS->SFO/SJC travel.

On the more general note of blogs, a nice effect of narrowly targeted blogs is that they’re easy conversation starters in meat-space. If the last week or so is any indication, I’ve got another easy & fun small-talk topic on my hands ;>

Read: Travel Blog from PeopleOverProcess.com

Topic: How To Run Multiple Firefox Instance From Different Logins in Linux Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Links for 2007-09-01 [del.icio.us]

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use