The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
My Shrinking Blogroll

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Weiqi Gao

Nickname: weiqigao

Weiqi Gao is a Java programmer.
My Shrinking Blogroll Posted: Aug 20, 2007 12:52 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Weiqi Gao.
Original Post: My Shrinking Blogroll
Feed Title: Weiqi Gao's Weblog
Feed URL: http://www.weiqigao.com/blog/rss.xml
Feed Description: Sharing My Experience...
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Weiqi Gao
Latest Posts From Weiqi Gao's Weblog

Advertisement

A few people I know stopped publishing their blogs. Eric Burke even went so far as to remove his blog from the internet (after a "I'm going to remove it" next-to-last post).

As a result, some of the links in my blogroll become stale. So I went ahead and cleaned it up yesterday. The number of feeds went from almost 300 down to 91. If you are watching the number of subcribers to your feed from Bloglines or NetNewsGear, and see it being decremented, that's me unsubscribing from your feed.

I unsubscribed from the feeds that are gone or sparingly published. And I also unsubscribed from the feeds that I'm no longer interested in. Just as Eric felt it right to remove a blog that he's not motivated to continue to publish, I have overcome the tendency to not unsubscribe from less-than-frequently published feeds to not hurt the author's feelings. (If you've been meaning to delete your blog, but are thinking "What about all my subscribers?" There is one less subscriber for you to worry about today.)

Given that this blog was started after Eric told me all about blogging, Eric's departure from blogging also made me reflect a bit about the future of this blog. And here's what I am certain:

• Like everything else, this blog won't last forever
  • I'm still motivated to write a few times a week, so I'll continue to write
  • I have found (as a few others have found) a few of my past entries useful. So I'll try to keep this blog up for as long as I can support it.
  • I'll keep an eye on what the smart people are doing, and jump to that if I can emulate it.

Given my tendency to be extremely retro (do a Google image search for "Windows 3.1", and you will find my blog at the number one spot), I'll probably be among the last few bloggers remaining when everyone else have moved on.

But that's fine with me.

Read: My Shrinking Blogroll

Topic: Rise Of Russian Comment Spam Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: The Apprentice Show Made Me Sick To The Core

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use