The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
there is more than Kodo and OpenJPA

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Marc Logemann

Nickname: loge

Marc Logemann is founder of www.logentis.de a Java consultancy
there is more than Kodo and OpenJPA Posted: Jul 10, 2007 10:43 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Marc Logemann.
Original Post: there is more than Kodo and OpenJPA
Feed Title: Logemann Blog
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/LogemannBlog
Feed Description: Marc Logemann's thoughts on java and other stuff
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Marc Logemann
Latest Posts From Logemann Blog

Advertisement

In one of my recent blog entries about the future of the orm layer in our product, i ve written about possible path from JDO1 (Kodo 3.x) to JPA without doing all at once. Of course BEA Kodo 4.x was and is an option because it supports both, JDO 1/2 and JPA specs.  But today i heard that JPox 1.2 (which is still beta) will also support both major ORM specs.

I am quite astonished about that project because it keeps the pace for some months now. They were one of the first providing JDO2 support back then. The problem is i dont know much about its capabilities. As i said before, i need locking groups, fetch groups and some advanced stuff in the area of custom field mappings. Furthermore i need at least 4 different class mapping strategies. I will have a look into the docs and see if it can help me out.

BTW i really miss the times when Kodo was in the hands of Solarmetric. Now with a giant company behind, everything seems slower. Sales Inquiries, Bug fixes, support answers, etc. But i am still convinced that the product is good.

Read: there is more than Kodo and OpenJPA

Topic: Mega Challenge for Google Search Engine - Text-Link-Ads Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: MySQL has posted the first beta of Connector/J 5.1.2, a Type-IV pure-Java JDBC driver for MySQL.

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use