The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Hope for Gmail on Mobile, Java style?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
dion

Nickname: dion

Dion Almaer is the Editor-in-Chief for TheServerSide.com, and is an enterprise Java evangelist
Hope for Gmail on Mobile, Java style? Posted: Jul 9, 2007 1:18 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by dion.
Original Post: Hope for Gmail on Mobile, Java style?
Feed Title: techno.blog(Dion)
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dion
Feed Description: blogging about life the universe and everything tech
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by dion
Latest Posts From techno.blog(Dion)

Advertisement

I have proclaimed several times that I miss my Gmail for Mobile experience on the iPhone.

Ed Burnette then points out that Apple sneaks Java support onto the iPhone.

They didn't really sneak it on though, it is just on the ARM chip (although not available):

Despite public comments by Steve Jobs that “Java’s not worth building in [to the iPhone]”, it turns out that Apple did just that by using an ARM-based CPU that supports Java natively. Programmers cannot (yet) take advantage of this, but Apple could, if they wanted, ship a software upgrade to enable it.

I hope that this puppy gets turned on in a software update so Cedric and co. can port their lovely Gmail app over to iPhone :)

Read: Hope for Gmail on Mobile, Java style?

Topic: Andrei Kouznetsov has released Unified I/O 3.0, an open source (BSD license) class library that... Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Three Cheers for Perian

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use