The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
deliphone: iPhone Bookmarks

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
dion

Nickname: dion

Dion Almaer is the Editor-in-Chief for TheServerSide.com, and is an enterprise Java evangelist
deliphone: iPhone Bookmarks Posted: Jul 3, 2007 2:16 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by dion.
Original Post: deliphone: iPhone Bookmarks
Feed Title: techno.blog(Dion)
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dion
Feed Description: blogging about life the universe and everything tech
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by dion
Latest Posts From techno.blog(Dion)

Advertisement

I use del.icio.us for bookmarking. I am not about to start using the iPhone browser bookmarks thank you very much.

I should have looked harder for a del.icio.us to Safari syncer, and then when I sync my phone it would pick them up.

Instead, I whipped up a simple tool that sits in cron and generates my bookmarks for me using the del.icio.us API.

Then I can just go to http://almaer.com/iphone in the browser and I have my bookmarks. Like

• #{name}
  • "
    end
    end
    links.join "\n"
    end

I use the style from David Cann. I hope to see a nice iPhone skin soon, that would take all of the UI of the phone (blue and red buttons, arrows, (X), etc and CSS it. Then, you could wrap a body class="iphone" and things would look nice by using simple ul, li combos, and special CSS tags. Life would be good. I also need to add scrolling and the like. And this should be a service and not a script in cron :)

Read: deliphone: iPhone Bookmarks

Topic: Rebuild and Reprovision Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: jpa and hibernate 3 usage in Spring

Sponsored Links

Google
      Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use