The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
SoapUI pricing - wtf

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Marc Logemann

Nickname: loge

Marc Logemann is founder of www.logentis.de a Java consultancy
SoapUI pricing - wtf Posted: Jun 21, 2007 11:20 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Marc Logemann.
Original Post: SoapUI pricing - wtf
Feed Title: Logemann Blog
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/LogemannBlog
Feed Description: Marc Logemann's thoughts on java and other stuff
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Marc Logemann
Latest Posts From Logemann Blog

Advertisement

I am one of the SoapUI promoters nearly from day one. They even quote an old blog entry of mine in their news section. So it should be clear that i think this is a really cool offering. Today i visited their site after a long time and you can see they are now in “business” mode, which itself is not bad at all, it means it gets even more professional. I am one of those guys who dont hesitate to buy development toolings, hell, i dont even use eclipse but IDEA instead w/o getting it for free via some kind of open source agreements.

So i checked what they want to have for the professional edition of SoapUI, the tag was 149$, which seemed fair on the first view but then i saw the magic word “Annually” behind the price. Come on! Whats that?

First of, i will never buy a tool or any software which will rip me off with anual fees. They could charge for a maintenance or update contract which i can chose to buy or not but simply charging anually for the software is ridiculous. I wonder if this pricing will hold for more than half a year. I strongly recommend a book about software/product pricing, there are some of them. Eric Sink also has written a nice essay on this topic. So Eviware guys, back to school and learn something about economics in the software world.

Read: SoapUI pricing - wtf

Topic: Spring and Hibernate Coding Assistance Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: MOTODEV Studio for JavaME

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use