The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Apple's Safari On Windows

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Weiqi Gao

Nickname: weiqigao

Weiqi Gao is a Java programmer.
Apple's Safari On Windows Posted: Jun 11, 2007 2:12 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Weiqi Gao.
Original Post: Apple's Safari On Windows
Feed Title: Weiqi Gao's Weblog
Feed URL: http://www.weiqigao.com/blog/rss.xml
Feed Description: Sharing My Experience...
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Weiqi Gao
Latest Posts From Weiqi Gao's Weblog

Advertisement

Brian walked in the office a moment ago, all disappointed. The keynote that Steve Jobs gave at the WWDC did not contain enough new stuff to satisfy him.

However, Brian did mention the availability of Safari for Windows, which I downloaded immediately and am writing this blog entry in it:

"Safari

Aside from my "This is just like iTunes" reaction when I first saw the download page and the running browser, here are several things that popped up i my mind:

• Can you call an application a Web application if it doesn't run in all three browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari)? In the past, when something doesn't run in Safari, we brush the issue aside with a "That was just a Mac browser, and it works on Firefox on the Mac." We can't do that anymore.
  • If working in two out of three browsers (IE and Firefox) qualifies an application as a "Web application", who's to say a Safari and Firefox only applications are not "Web applications"?
  • You can write cross-platform Safari applications (at least on Windows, Mac, and the iPhone) now just like you can write cross-platform Firefox applications (for Windows, Linux and the Mac).
  • What other applications would Apple release for the Windows platform? Will there be a day when I can enjoy some of the other Mac applications that the Mac fanatics around here praise, almost everyday, on the Windows platform?
  • Where is the catch?

Read: Apple's Safari On Windows

Topic: links for 2007-06-05 from PeopleOverProcess.com Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: TechEd ‘07: Beyond “Aligning Business Alignment” from PeopleOverProcess.com

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use