The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Update/Joint Statement with Chris Locke

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Kathy, Bert, Beth and Eric

Nickname: headrush

The Creating Passionate Users bloggers are all authors of bestseller Head First books
Update/Joint Statement with Chris Locke Posted: Apr 20, 2007 10:12 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Kathy, Bert, Beth and Eric.
Original Post: Update/Joint Statement with Chris Locke
Feed Title: Creating Passionate Users
Feed URL: http://headrush.typepad.com/creating_passionate_users/atom.xml
Feed Description: The Creating Passionate Users bloggers are all authors of bestseller Head First books. They're all passionate about the brain and metacognition, most especially--how the brain works and how to exploit it for better learning and memory.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Kathy, Bert, Beth and Eric
Latest Posts From Creating Passionate Users

Advertisement

Chris Locke and I agreed to publish a statement, together (both in our own words) in advance of the story which will appear tomorrow (Monday, April 2) on CNN, at 7:20 AM (EST) on "CNN American Morning", and throughout the day on other CNN shows.

A quick explanation for the critics:

When I was first bombarded by the media about this story, I refused to answer questions. Having no media experience, I found that when you don't answer a reporter, they'll tell your story without you, so I agreed to speak with a few. When I was asked for a short CNN interview, I said that I would do it only if they would let me invite Chris Locke as well. Needless to say, everyone including Chris was stunned to hear this.

But these stories should not be about me... I am simply one of a gazillion examples about what's happening today both on and offline. Nor is it a simple Nice Vs. Bully story, and I thought having us come to an understanding would encourage others to stop fighting on either of our behalves and try to listen first, and then talk, and maybe something good and useful really will come of this.

Although I've learned a lot in the last few days, I still do not know who made the unclebobism photo post, or why, or whether that person is a real threat. That part of the story has continued to devolve in even scarier ways.

So, this is the last post I'll make for some time, and I've closed comments because I cannot keep up with the hateful ones (including those that post my home address and social security number, etc.)

I'm sure I'll be back in the future.

I appreciate the overwhelming support here and elsewhere more than I can possibly say.

I cannot thank you enough for your stories and encouragement and kind words.

I hope that people will continue talking, and with less rage on either side of the issue and more productive ideas for what to do going forward.

Read: Update/Joint Statement with Chris Locke

Topic: Java 6 JDialog Improvement Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: [Apr 17, 2007 10:42 PDT] 14 Links

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use