The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Out of Balance

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Wolf Paulus

Nickname: wolfpaulus

Wolf Paulus is an experienced software developer focusing on Java, XML, Mac OS X, wireless/mobile ..
Out of Balance Posted: Apr 16, 2007 6:29 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Wolf Paulus.
Original Post: Out of Balance
Feed Title: Wolf's Web Journal
Feed URL: http://wolfpaulus.com/feed/
Feed Description: Journal - dedicated to excellence, and motivated by enthusiasm to trying new things
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Wolf Paulus
Latest Posts From Wolf's Web Journal

Advertisement
Balance Bars Most programmers, coders, hackers, Software Engineers, call them like you see them, don't eat healthy. There is just no time to leave the keyboard for having a healthy meal and instead we prefer a quick snack or a beer, depending of the location and time of the day maybe.
Despite the popularity of the well-marketed low-carbohydrate diets, a.k.a. Atkins Diet, the Carpentaria, CA based Balance Bar Food Company (bought by Kraft Foods in 2000 for approximately $268 million) stuck to their concept of making nutrition/energy bars that have balanced proportions of 40% carbohydrates, 30% protein, and 30% dietary fat, and are fortified with vitamins and minerals.

The Balance Bar's 40/30/30 principle, aimed at achieving stable blood sugar levels, is based on a nutritional philosophy popularized by biochemist and nutrition scientist Dr. Barry Sears and has been proven to provide sustained energy and hunger management. A box containing 15 bars costs about US$ 16 and can be bought by retailers nationwide or directly at http://www.balance.com/.

Being a proud member of the above-mentioned group of unhealthy eaters, I have too few meals during the day, don't spend much time thinking about calories and fat, and don't like fruits. I drink plenty of fluids - in the form of coffee and beer that is. However, for the last seven or eight years, I have made the Balance Bar part of my daily diet and while there are plenty of flavors to choose form, I enjoy the Balance Bar Gold triple-chocolat-chaos the most.

Since the Balance Bar is really tasty and has been a consistent and healthy part of my everyday selection of food, I immediately noticed the new designed box and wrapper. Comparing the nutrition facts revealed that not only the packaging had changed but also content and not for better, if you ask me.

Dig deeper ...

Read: Out of Balance

Topic: Guice With Spring Transactions Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: [Apr 12, 2007 08:37 PDT] 10 Links

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use