The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Optimization in J2me and FLashlite

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Fred Grott

Nickname: shareme

Fred Grott is Lead Developer-CEO of ShareMe Technologies LLC -The Mobile Future
Optimization in J2me and FLashlite Posted: Apr 3, 2007 5:15 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Fred Grott.
Original Post: Optimization in J2me and FLashlite
Feed Title: ShareMe Technologies LLC-The Mobile Future
Feed URL: http://www.jroller.com/shareme/feed/entries/rss
Feed Description: A Weblog about Java programming and digital convergence on mobile devices in such areas as P2P and collaborative technology.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Fred Grott
Latest Posts From ShareMe Technologies LLC-The Mobile Future

Advertisement
Seems ironic that I am writing about code optimization in both J2me and flashlite and how they might be related. Look do you as a start up have money to but 50+ devices and data plans or rent/lease thsoe devices with data plans? No, of cours enot and neither do the big players either.

The same study and research of how a JVM works in RTOS systems that resulted in Javolution also applies to flashlite development. And of course there are detractors for example the CEO/Founder of JavaGround.

How ironic now that analyzing how to optimize flashlite as code using skills, techniques, and concepts from j2me development might result in some new funded projects for myself through a company or two.

VMs in the embedded space behave differently than on desktop. The same VM and subset of a computer language has to change in some ways to deal with those differences. Since computer languages will not be rewritten, its both the VM and development techniques that have to drastically change to make it work.

Consequently that means anyone who understands how to use some assembly commands to manipulate the as2/as3 code stacks in flashlite VMs will be able to command top dollar in consulting /code development fees.

Read: Optimization in J2me and FLashlite

Topic: A Whole Lotta Java Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: GWT Java AJAX Programming (review)

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use