The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Include RSS feeds on your Pebble blog

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Simon Brown

Nickname: simonbrown

Simon Brown is a Java developer, architect and author.
Include RSS feeds on your Pebble blog Posted: Apr 2, 2007 3:15 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Simon Brown.
Original Post: Include RSS feeds on your Pebble blog
Feed Title: Simon Brown's weblog
Feed URL: http://www.simongbrown.com/blog/feed.xml?flavor=rss20&category=java
Feed Description: My thoughts on Java, software development and technology.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Simon Brown
Latest Posts From Simon Brown's weblog

Advertisement

One of the new features that will be making an appearance in Pebble 2.1 is a generic feed reader component that you can use to pull feeds into your sidebar. You can use it like this.

<jsp:include page="/WEB-INF/fragments/sidebar/feed.jsp">
  <jsp:param name="name" value="del.icio.us"/>
  <jsp:param name="url" value="http://del.icio.us/rss/simongbrown"/>
  <jsp:param name="maxEntries" value="3"/>
  <jsp:param name="showBody" value="true"/>
  <jsp:param name="truncateBody" value="true"/>
</jsp:include>

This component uses ROME under the covers and thanks to its ability to deal with any type of RSS/RDF/Atom feed, you can pretty much pull in anything you want, providing it exposes a feed of some description. Couple this with some flexibility in the way that the entries within that feed are displayed and you have quite a useful little component. If you're reading this on my blog, scroll down a bit and you'll see that I'm using it for displaying my del.icio.us bookmarks, my Twitters and a handful of sites that are currently linking here (courtesy of a Technorati search). Other uses include aggregating another blog/news site and stuff you're selling on eBay into your sidebar. The possibilities are endless.

Simple but very effective.

Read: Include RSS feeds on your Pebble blog

Topic: The busy Java developer's guide to db4o: Queries, updates, and identity Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: links for 2007-03-29 from PeopleOverProcess.com

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use