The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Guicy Spring

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
dion

Nickname: dion

Dion Almaer is the Editor-in-Chief for TheServerSide.com, and is an enterprise Java evangelist
Guicy Spring Posted: Mar 9, 2007 10:12 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by dion.
Original Post: Guicy Spring
Feed Title: techno.blog(Dion)
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dion
Feed Description: blogging about life the universe and everything tech
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by dion
Latest Posts From techno.blog(Dion)

Advertisement

There has been a little bit of buzz over the Guice 1.0 announcement.

Guice is a new Dependency Injection framework written specifically for Java 5 and up, and is thus able to think of things in that context. Generics support is first class etc.

Some people have already asked about competition with Spring, which really shows how many people don't get what Spring is :)

Spring is an enterprise Java productivity framework in my mind. It happens to include a DI framework at the heart of it, but that isn't all it is.

Guice on the other hand aims to just tackle the DI piece, and comes at it from a different angle.

Rather than seeing the competition I saw the possibilities of using the two together. They already both support the AOP Alliance APIs so you can play nicely. You can choose to use Guice DI with Spring helpers.

So, before we get into a "Spring vs. Guice" mindset, let's remember how incredible different they are.

You can read about a comparison from the Guice point of view.

Read: Guicy Spring

Topic: Syncro Soft has released Syncro SVN Client 2.2, a $59 GUI Subversion client written in Java. Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: My plans for Netversys 2.0 -> OSGi compliance

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use