The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
The month in review

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Marc Logemann

Nickname: loge

Marc Logemann is founder of www.logentis.de a Java consultancy
The month in review Posted: Feb 12, 2007 3:01 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Marc Logemann.
Original Post: The month in review
Feed Title: Logemann Blog
Feed URL: http://www.logemann.org/blojsom/blog/default/?flavor=rss2
Feed Description: Marc's thoughts on Java and more
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Marc Logemann
Latest Posts From Logemann Blog

Advertisement

I dont know why but somehow i cant motivate myself to write about java or to blog in general. My post rate definitely slowed down in a great way. There are a few things that result in this situation. First, i dont think that the current javaland situation is anyhow exciting, to me it feels quite boring in fact. Reading TheServerSide is exciting as driving to McDonalds and eating a burger.

I mean what happened in the last weeks thats worth to comment on? Marc Fleury left Red Hat, ok. Personally i would have left too and make counting money a new passion, eventually doing a new startup later this year. We have the usual OSS projects version releases and the daily "i ran 86 miles today and feel so slim" posts from Rick.

Personally i am still in cool-down mode, decreased my working hours from 12 to 9 hours a day, bought an E-Piano and taking piano courses at a local musician. It was definitely time to let other things influence my life too. The world has so much more to offer than just java. I mean, hell, i am still doing 9 hours a day enterprise java stuff, this is more than enough.

Read: The month in review

Topic: [Feb 7, 2007 12:20 PST] 18 Links Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Playing with the new Google News bar

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use