The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Yahoo! Pipes: Xeno-mode

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
dion

Nickname: dion

Dion Almaer is the Editor-in-Chief for TheServerSide.com, and is an enterprise Java evangelist
Yahoo! Pipes: Xeno-mode Posted: Feb 8, 2007 5:12 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by dion.
Original Post: Yahoo! Pipes: Xeno-mode
Feed Title: techno.blog(Dion)
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dion
Feed Description: blogging about life the universe and everything tech
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by dion
Latest Posts From techno.blog(Dion)

Advertisement

I blogged about Yahoo! Pipes yesterday on Ajaxian

I was very surprised to view source and find such a nice UI was created with Ajax technology. Most people I talk to assume it is Flash, which is a testament to their work and YUI.

Many are talking about how the average Joe may not care about Yahoo! Pipes.

I applaud that this was created. Power users are users too, and they need tools that fit them.

I have several use-cases for pipes, and even registered feedgrep.com over a year ago to do some of these things.

I would like to use pipes for a couple of things, such as:

• Xenophobe: I want to filter feeds such as technorati/google blog search/delicious feeds for a given search term through a xeno pipe that nukes all but english items. This alone is a killer feature for me!
  • Planet Maker: I often would like to grab the feeds of Bob, Harry, Jane, and Stacey, but I only want their thoughts on a given topic. Being able to query their feeds and grabbing out only the posts on content that I want and then aggregating it to one output feed is great.

If Yahoo! Pipes doesn't cross the divide to see my mum using it that is good news for me. I want some of their cycles!

Read: Yahoo! Pipes: Xeno-mode

Topic: Java Closure Examples Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: HOF or OOP? Yes!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use