The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Firefox plugins I use.

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Adam Kruszewski

Nickname: phantomik

Adam Kruszewski is (mostly) Java developer and linux system administrator.
Firefox plugins I use. Posted: Jan 21, 2007 2:01 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Adam Kruszewski.
Original Post: Firefox plugins I use.
Feed Title: Adam Kruszewski :: WebLog();
Feed URL: http://adam.kruszewski.name/blojsom/blog/adam.kruszewski/?flavor=rss2
Feed Description: Thoughts about linux, open source, programming, ...
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Adam Kruszewski
Latest Posts From Adam Kruszewski :: WebLog();

Advertisement
Here is a short list of plugins which I use with Mozilla Firefox:
  • Session Manager - allows you to save your session, switch between sessions etc. very handy tool.
  • URL Link - adds context menu item to text selection to open selected url.
  • BugMeNot - adds context menu to textfields to automatically login using data gathered by bugmenot.com sevice.
  • Colorful tabs - does what it says (but doesn't work with few pixmap based themes)
  • Cookie safe - gives you control over your cookies (and unobtrusivelly warns you when you got new one).
  • del.icio.us Bookmarks - makes using del.icio.us so much easier.
  • Download manager tweak - gives you more power over look of builtin download manager (ie. you can put it in sidebar)
  • Faviconize tab - you can remove given tab name and leave only its icon (useful with plugin below).
  • PermaTabs - you can make tabs 'permanent' preventing their closing or navigating within to other sites.
  • FEBE - allows you to backup and restore your firefox profile (I use version 5.0 beta right now).
  • Firefox Showcase - gives you nice 'compose' view of all your tabs.
  • FireFTP - very capable ftp client right in your web browser.
  • Gmail Manager - a small but capable gmail notifier for firefox statusbar.
  • Google Preview - inserts site preview image alongsite google results.
  • Grease Monkey - with use of scripts from userscripts.org gives you power over how some sites behave/looks. (ex. you can have today dilbert comic on the google front page ;-))
  • Link Alert - shows a small icon near mouse cursor to indicate the type of target link. (ie. new window, pdf file, etc)
  • Ook? Video Ook! - allows you to download videos from youtube, google.video and so on.
  • PDF Download - each time you'll try to navigate to pdf file it'll ask if you want to open it or save it.
  • Performancing - just a blog editor embedded into firefox. (I'm using it right now)
  • Remove It Permanently - allows you to visually remove parts of web pages. (eg. ads)
  • Save Complete - it enchances save page capability to save also styles/images references from css styles, so your saved page should look just like when being on-line.
  • Tiny.pl - url shortening in page context menu (using tiny.pl service)
  • TrashMail.net - adds context menu to text fields to paste trashmail.net generated disposable email addresses.
  • Update Notifier - extended update notifier near firefox thobber.
developer centric:
  • Molybdenum - allows to edit and play selenium tests.
  • Aardvark - useful to select and inspect dom elements in html page.
  • View dependencies - shows all page dependencies and their details in page information dialog.
  • Web Developer - it doesn't need to be introduced ;)
  • FireBug - javascript debugger with stepping through code and more.
And what plugins for web browser you use?