The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Switching Aggregators? from PeopleOverProcess.com

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Michael Cote

Nickname: bushwald

Cote is a programmer in Austin, Texas.
Switching Aggregators? from PeopleOverProcess.com Posted: Jan 18, 2007 7:54 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Michael Cote.
Original Post: Switching Aggregators? from PeopleOverProcess.com
Feed Title: Cote's Weblog: Coding, Austin, etc.
Feed URL: https://cote.io/feed/
Feed Description: Using Java to get to the ideal state.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Michael Cote
Latest Posts From Cote's Weblog: Coding, Austin, etc.

Advertisement

I’ve used the open source feed reader Vienna for sometime now. It’s done well, but it’s begun to buckle all of the feeds I have. Re-arranging feeds can take sometime, and waiting for it to load up a list of items can take even longer.

I’d love to keep using it, but I feel like it’s slowing me down.

To that end, I’m re-evaluating two other desktop feed readers: endo and NetNewsWire.

I really want to like endo, but so far it just feels like a bad fit. It doesn’t use the traditional 3 pane view which I like. With 14,000+ unread items, a river of news would be a flood. The UI seems kind of weird to me, and I don’t get the sense that it’ll be fast, which is what I’m looking for.

NetNewsWire, on the other hand is doing well so far. It’s really, really quick. There’s some sort of bug in the del.icio.us posting (where it put some ARRAY index code crap as the URL), but maybe that just means I need to register it.

Before locking down on one or the other: does anyone else have favorite desktop OS X feed readers? I say desktop because, yes, I know all about online ones. I used them (bloglines and feedlounge) for years. I have nothing against them, really. At the moment, I just like desktop readers. As I’ve said before, on OS X, the desktop actually looks and feels nice: web pages not so much in comparison. Or, you could say, I’ve just gotten hooked on OS X desktop apps in this case.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Read: Switching Aggregators? from PeopleOverProcess.com

Topic: Can Java become an important Linux language? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: New Year���s Eve and New Year���s Day: Pictures from DrunkAndRetired.com

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use