The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Eclipse 3.0 M4 is released

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Vasanth Dharmaraj

Nickname: vazz

Vasanth Dharmaraj is J2EE developer learning Dot Net
Eclipse 3.0 M4 is released Posted: Oct 19, 2003 2:38 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Vasanth Dharmaraj.
Original Post: Eclipse 3.0 M4 is released
Feed Title: Vasanth Dharmaraj's Blogs
Feed URL: /SyndicationService.asmx/GetRssCategory?categoryName=Technology%7CJava
Feed Description: my thoughts on dot net, java, linux, formula one, xbox gamming...(my java category)
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Vasanth Dharmaraj
Latest Posts From Vasanth Dharmaraj's Blogs

Advertisement

The latest milestone build on Eclipse 3.0 is out. Check out all the cool features added here: New and Noteworthy.

Here are a few things I noticed about this build.

1. The PVCS integration which was broken in the M3 build is fixed. So I can move to this version at work. Plus the performance of the initialization of label decorations seems to have improved.
2. The key binding in M3 did not allow Ctrl + Tab to be used as a shortcut for key bindings. In previous builds this did not work as expected when used as a shortcut for switching of editors. Now both are fixed. I finally am able to use Ctrl + Tab like most other windows applications.
3. Finally there is an option to open external files (that are not part of a project).

But still I cannot associate java files with eclipse so that when I double click on it, the file is automatically opened with eclipse. Here is the error I get:

4. There is a new option (work in progress) which lets you set your machine speed. This helps eclipse decide on how many concurrent jobs to run.

5. There is a new code formating engine but the UI is not yet implemented. This is supposed to be smarter.
6. There is now regular expression search available in both the search and find. Cool now I have to learn regular expression. :-)

Download: Eclispe M4

Read: Eclipse 3.0 M4 is released

Topic: Mobile Email Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Installing Gentoo on an old laptop

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use