The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
ATG Dynamo and Eclipse

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Vasanth Dharmaraj

Nickname: vazz

Vasanth Dharmaraj is J2EE developer learning Dot Net
ATG Dynamo and Eclipse Posted: Oct 19, 2003 12:38 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Vasanth Dharmaraj.
Original Post: ATG Dynamo and Eclipse
Feed Title: Vasanth Dharmaraj's Blogs
Feed URL: /SyndicationService.asmx/GetRssCategory?categoryName=Technology%7CJava
Feed Description: my thoughts on dot net, java, linux, formula one, xbox gamming...(my java category)
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Vasanth Dharmaraj
Latest Posts From Vasanth Dharmaraj's Blogs

Advertisement

A colleague pointed me to an Eclipse plugin for ATG Dynamo application server. The plugin lets you start and shutdown ATG Dynamo from within Eclipse. But sadly the plugin does not work on the latest build of Eclipse. (Yes, I work with the nightly builds ;-))

But I have for sometime been using the "External Tools" feature in Eclipse to start and stop ATG from Eclipse.

This is quite simple I just call the cmd.exe  and pass startDynamo.bat or stopDynamo.bat along with the parameters to this. This way the output is redirected to the Eclipse console. The following screen-shots show configurations.

For "Start ATG" the following properties are set: 
Working Directory: "C:\ATG\Dynamo5.6.1\home
Arguments: "/c C:\ATG\Dynamo5.6.1\home\bin\startDynamo.bat -m yourmoduleshere"
Just change the yourmoduleshere  to the modules you need to start.

For "Stop ATG" the following properties are set: 
Working Directory: "C:\ATG\Dynamo5.6.1\home
Arguments: "/c C:\ATG\Dynamo5.6.1\home\bin\stopDynamo.bat -user admin -password admin"
Just change the user and password appropriately.

Plus you can use the LogWatcher plugin to tail the ATG log.

Read: ATG Dynamo and Eclipse

Topic: Installing Gentoo on an old laptop Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Now I heard it all...

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use