The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
1 mln US jobs to be outsourced by year-end 2006

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Ben Hosking

Nickname: hoskinator

Ben Hosking is Java Developer with about 5 years experience and interest in OO
1 mln US jobs to be outsourced by year-end 2006 Posted: May 22, 2006 6:28 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Ben Hosking.
Original Post: 1 mln US jobs to be outsourced by year-end 2006
Feed Title: A Funny Java Flavoured Look at the World
Feed URL: http://businesslogs.com/WebLog/RSS.xml
Feed Description: The blog looks at using Java and programming in general as it pops up in life as a Java programmer. It will have links to interesting Java articles and resources. It will also have a lot of SCJP Java 1.5 information and links as I am currently studying
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Ben Hosking
Latest Posts From A Funny Java Flavoured Look at the World

Advertisement

I saw this on ZDNet today, jobs being outsourced to India is a bit like global warming melting more bits of the antartic, it's not something you are to worried about until it starts to effect you. I wonder how long this will go on until people really start to get concerned about it.

"1 mln US jobs to be outsourced by year-end 2006 by ZDNet's ZDNet Research -- The number of jobs offshored from the US to India and elsewhere has tripled since 2003, to a projected total of 1 mln in 2006, with roughly 25% of them in high tech."

Of course I am only talking about my experience their may be people already concerned and people who have lost their jobs. I was made redundant once and although it's not very nice, well actually I didn't mind being paid off to go and find another job. I wasn't too worried because I still felt that there were plenty of jobs out there

Of course if this rate of outsourcing continues I'm pretty sure we will all be concerned. It's just an interesting fact (I'm a sucker for a good fact) I thought I would blog about

Read: 1 mln US jobs to be outsourced by year-end 2006

Topic: [May 15, 2006 15:00 PDT] 21 Links Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Eager to Go [Flickr]

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use