The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
O'Reilly Releases 'J2EE Design Patterns'

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Vinny Carpenter

Nickname: vscarpente

Vinny is a Java developer/architect working with Java, J2EE, OO, Linux, OpenSource.
O'Reilly Releases 'J2EE Design Patterns' Posted: Oct 1, 2003 5:30 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Vinny Carpenter.
Original Post: O'Reilly Releases 'J2EE Design Patterns'
Feed Title: Vinny Carpenter's Blog
Feed URL: http://www.j2eegeek.com/error.html
Feed Description: Welcome to my blog. I am a total Java geek that lives in Milwaukee, making my living as an architect/developer, spending all my time with Java, J2EE, OO, Linux, and open source. In my spare time, when I am not in front of my computers, I spend every other minute with my other loves: My wife, books, music, guitars, Formula-1 racing and StarGate. Check out my blog @ http://www.j2eegeek.com/blog
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Vinny Carpenter
Latest Posts From Vinny Carpenter's Blog

Advertisement
O'Reilly has just released a new book called J2EE Design Patterns written by William Crawford and Jonathan Kaplan. The press release states that this is not your typical patterns catalog. Instead, the authors have chosen to introduce these patterns in a narrative style, while keeping each section sufficiently distinct so that readers can easily focus on the patterns themselves. Underlying themes of scalability, extensibility, and reliability flow through each chapter. Their goal is to give the reader a set of patterns that build on each other. By presenting the patterns in the larger context of J2EE applications, Crawford and Kaplan hope to foster a more complete understanding of effective Java Enterprise architecture.

The release goes on to state that many of the patterns in this book focus on extensibility, scalability, flexibility, and performance--all areas of concern to J2EE developers. Some patterns will be new to readers and some will be familiar. But whether readers have seen the patterns before or not, "J2EE Design Patterns" is unique in showing readers how to apply them in real J2EE applications.

I wonder how this will compare to one of my favorite books, Core J2EE Patterns: Best Practices and Design Strategies by Deepak Alur, Dan Malks, and John Crupi. Can't wait to get my hands on it. :)

Read: O'Reilly Releases 'J2EE Design Patterns'

Topic: SWT Designer Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Java is an AH-64 Apache Attack Helicopter

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use