The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Pebble 2.0.0-M1

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Simon Brown

Nickname: simonbrown

Simon Brown is a Java developer, architect and author.
Pebble 2.0.0-M1 Posted: Mar 2, 2006 3:58 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Simon Brown.
Original Post: Pebble 2.0.0-M1
Feed Title: Simon Brown's weblog
Feed URL: http://www.simongbrown.com/blog/feed.xml?flavor=rss20&category=java
Feed Description: My thoughts on Java, software development and technology.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Simon Brown
Latest Posts From Simon Brown's weblog

Advertisement

I'm pleased to announce that Pebble 2.0.0-M1 is available for download via the SourceForge file system. It's worth noting that the pre-requisites for Pebble 2.x have changed from the current version in that you'll need Java 5.0 and a JSP 2.0/Servlet 2.4 container (I've tested on Apache Tomcat 5.5.x and Jetty 5.1.x). To deploy Pebble, you need to follow these steps.

1. Take the pebble.war file from the distribution and deploy it to your web container.
  2. Restart your web container and point your browser to the deployed web application (e.g. http://localhost:8080/pebble/).

With the switch to Acegi, there is no longer a need to configure the security realm within your server before deployment and I'm confident that Pebble will meet the two minute deployment test. To test the admin features, you can log in with a username of username and a password of password.

Once you're up and running, you'll probably want to modify the configuration and there are two key files that you'll be interested in, both of which reside in the WEB-INF directory inside the web application.

• applicationContext-pebble.xml : contains configuration for Pebble itself, including the location of your blog data, your blog URL and a flag to indicate whether would like to run Pebble in multi-blog mode. By default, these are set to ${user.home}/blog/, null (auto discovered) and false respectively.
  • applicationContext-acegi-security.xml : contains the configuration for the Acegi security framework. By default, a single user (username/password) is defined using an in-memory security realm.

If you have an existing Pebble blog and would like to run Pebble 2.0 against your old data, that's fine - the data formats and structures are the same. Themes, on the other hand, won't work. In your blog data directory, you'll need to delete the theme sub-directory and remove the line that starts theme= from the blog.properties file before starting Pebble.

For help and support, please leave a comment or use the pebble-users mailing list. Have fun - I'd like to know what you think.

Read: Pebble 2.0.0-M1

Topic: [Feb 21, 2006 12:38 PST] 17 Links Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: SwiftMQ 6.0 Beta with High/Continuous Availability available!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use