The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Why Software Sucks… And why it doesn’t need to

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Matt Secoske

Nickname: seco

Matt Secoske is Java Architect for MSI Inc located in Omaha NE
Why Software Sucks… And why it doesn’t need to Posted: Jul 29, 2005 12:03 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Matt Secoske.
Original Post: Why Software Sucks… And why it doesn’t need to
Feed Title: Matt's Weblog
Feed URL: http://www.secosoft.net/archives/category/java/feed/
Feed Description: intermittent rantings on Software Development
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Matt Secoske
Latest Posts From Matt's Weblog

Advertisement
Disclaimer: I'm probably being a complete dolt on this topic... please chime in and let me know what you think. The other night I helped my wife dig out what will one day be a patio and retaining wall from the side of a gentle slope in our backyard. While digging out hard-packed clay I started to think about a talk that Ted Neward gave at the Des Moines NoFluffJustStuff conference called "The Fallacies of Enterprise Systems". The primary point of the talk was that developers can and should build their systems keeping in mind that parts of the system do fail. The network fails. Harddrives fail. Every part of the system could and sometimes ...

Read: Why Software Sucks… And why it doesn’t need to

Topic: CruiseControl and trac, take two Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic:

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use