The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
My JavaOne toilet visit

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Norman Richards

Nickname: orb

Norman Richards is co-author of XDoclet in Action
My JavaOne toilet visit Posted: Jun 28, 2005 7:29 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Norman Richards.
Original Post: My JavaOne toilet visit
Feed Title: Orb [norman richards]
Feed URL: http://members.capmac.org/~orb/blog.cgi/tech/java?flav=rss
Feed Description: Monkey number 312,978,199
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Norman Richards
Latest Posts From Orb [norman richards]

Advertisement

This post was inspired by Hani. I saw a rather interesting notice on a toilet paper dispenser at JavaOne:

This dispenser is subject to restrictions on sale, modification, filling and use, and may be used only to dispense the trademark-bearing products identified on is exterior. Georgia-Pacific Corporation strictly prohibits unauthorized sale, modification, filling or use of this dispenser, and will enforce its rights under United States and foreign laws.

I'd expect to see such such restrictions in a software license or maybe from the RIAA and MPAA types, but I guess even the toilet paper industry has to protect themselves from the toilet hackers and paper pirates. I wonder if they can call on the DMCA for help?

Read: My JavaOne toilet visit

Topic: A BlogEd feature I hadn't realized existed... Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Teaching passionate bluegrass fans

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use