The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
APrefixing NCommon IInterfaces

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
dion

Nickname: dion

Dion Almaer is the Editor-in-Chief for TheServerSide.com, and is an enterprise Java evangelist
APrefixing NCommon IInterfaces Posted: Jun 10, 2005 12:14 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by dion.
Original Post: APrefixing NCommon IInterfaces
Feed Title: techno.blog(Dion)
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dion
Feed Description: blogging about life the universe and everything tech
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by dion
Latest Posts From techno.blog(Dion)

Advertisement

Cedric discussed the recent Artima interview of Erich Gamma.

Cedric and Erich make good points, and are worthwhile reads for sure.

I know Ced is more Hungarian than French though, and I don't get it :)

More posts like this and Howard will be happy that he used IEverything in Tapestry ;)

It isn't a huge deal, but I really am not a fan of prefixing items with anything. I don't like it as it gets out of the way for me. We rarely do this in English.

I want to use a Person, not an IPerson. Who cares if it happens to be an interface or a concrete class, or an abstract class? I actually don't mind if that is encapsulated from me. I really often don't care.

If I do care, then I let me IDE tell me what I am dealing with. Maybe someone should write an Eclipse plugin to put "I" at the beginning of all interfaces for the Hungarian crowd? And, strip them off for the others?

Keeps coming back to allowing a VIEW on my source code :)

Read: APrefixing NCommon IInterfaces

Topic: Free Sun Certification - SCJA Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: SourceForge.net

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use