The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Don't You Just Hate it When that Happens

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Anthony Eden

Nickname: aeden

Anthony Eden is President and Lead Developer of Aetrion LLC
Don't You Just Hate it When that Happens Posted: Aug 28, 2003 1:37 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Anthony Eden.
Original Post: Don't You Just Hate it When that Happens
Feed Title: All Things
Feed URL: http://allthings.mp/
Feed Description: Blogging about Java, Python, technology and generally anything which is of interest to me.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Anthony Eden
Latest Posts From All Things

Advertisement
I wrote the title for this entry before actually figuring out what I was going to say. However, now that I have the title in place I realize there are two things which have happened in the last day or two which make me feel this way:
  1. At the end of September I will be losing my free bandwidth along with the location where my servers are hosted. My friend who has been hosting my machines for the last year will be moving out of his apartment and will be shutting down his T1. Alas I have nowhere to go at the moment. Currently I am looking into sharing some colo space but that costs money and that is something I was hoping to avoid.

A piece of advice: don't hire a lawyer to sue your landlord if you are still living in your apartment.

2. One of the service providers I work with keeps changing their APIs without telling me. Naturally its a lack of communication which resulted in the change occurring. According the the provider they were not aware of anyone using the API yet. It turns out though that they really "augmented" the API so that in one condition the result is returned the way I originally expected it, whereas with a small change the result is different.

Note to designers implementing a REST API: don't have the same command return a single entry in one condition and a list in another.

Finally, don't forget to buy shares of All Things why you still can.

Read: Don't You Just Hate it When that Happens

Topic: Maven and Automation of Build/Test/Deploy process Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Symbian Kicking Ass

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use