The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Unit tests run too slow with Ant

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
scot mcphee

Nickname: scotartt

Scot Mcphee is a Java/J2EE developer for Kaz Technology Services in Sydney, Australia.
Unit tests run too slow with Ant Posted: May 23, 2005 9:26 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by scot mcphee.
Original Post: Unit tests run too slow with Ant
Feed Title: SystemExxception()
Feed URL: http://www.autonomous.org/pebble/systemexxception/rss.xml?category=Java
Feed Description: java design and culture by scot mcphee
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by scot mcphee
Latest Posts From SystemExxception()

Advertisement

I've got a project with about 650 unit tests (and counting). I've got a speed problem running these tests in Ant.

If I run them in Eclipse (right click on test directory, select Run - Junit Test), it takes about three minutes to run all these tests (as I would expect) - 170.734 seconds the last run took.

In Ant however, whether that's running under the Cruisecontrol build on "Bob the Builder", or, a manually launched test run from the Cygwin command line on my development machine, the same tests take over 20 minutes (i.e. six times slower than Eclipse)! I've tried a variety of things, such as forking and not-forking the tests, none seem to make much difference. I've verified that the tests under ant use the correct stubs and mocks. I'm well stumped.

Anyone got any ideas, clues or hints as to why this may be the case and what, if anything, I can do about it?

Read: Unit tests run too slow with Ant

Topic: Oracle to Spearhead Eclipse Project to Support EJB 3.0 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Aspect hot deployment in practice: Implementing a JMX monitoring aspect

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use