The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Eclipse 3.0 M2 Is Out

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Joey Gibson

Nickname: joeygibson

Joey Gibson is an opinionated software architect who blogs about technology, politics, music, etc.
Eclipse 3.0 M2 Is Out Posted: Aug 17, 2003 7:31 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Joey Gibson.
Original Post: Eclipse 3.0 M2 Is Out
Feed Title: Joey Gibson's Blog
Feed URL: http://www.jobkabob.com/index.html
Feed Description: Thoughts, musings, ramblings and rants on Java, Ruby, Python, obscure languages, politics and other exciting topics.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Joey Gibson
Latest Posts From Joey Gibson's Blog

Advertisement
I just got the notice that Eclipse 3.0 M2 is now available. I've already been using 3.0, but judging by the release notes there's a lot of chewy Eclipse goodness loaded in this release. I've already downloaded it and "installed" it, such as it is. I've upgrading my JDK to 1.4.2 and will fire the new Eclipse up shortly.

Update: OK, I've got M2 and JDK 1.4.2 installed. While it does monopolize my CPU on startup, once up it is fast! And there are lots of spiffy new features. My favorites so far are the JavaDoc and Declaration views. The JavaDoc view shows the javadoc for the selected method and the declaration view shows the declaration. Clicking on the "println" part of System.out.println results in the javadoc or the source code being shown, depending on which view is selected. Another feature, which mimics something that is in the new IntelliJ is a change indicator in the gutter on lines that you've changed in this editing session. Hovering over the marker shows what the line looked like before and allows you to revert changes. Very nice, indeed!

Read: Eclipse 3.0 M2 Is Out

Topic: Cool JSP Tag: State Tag Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: JDJ Digital Edition for July is here!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use