The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
There is a God - and his name is Linux

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Sayaka Li

Nickname: sayaka

Sayaka Li is a former VB programmer who was assimilated on November 2002.
There is a God - and his name is Linux Posted: Aug 17, 2003 6:27 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Sayaka Li.
Original Post: There is a God - and his name is Linux
Feed Title: JavaWars
Feed URL: http://sedoparking.com/search/registrar.php?domain=®istrar=sedopark
Feed Description: How I stopped worrying and learned to love the Borg.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Sayaka Li
Latest Posts From JavaWars

Advertisement

It's called divide and conquer, and it works very well. Use Linux to flatten Microsoft, then go around and try another time at a JavaOS.

Another win for J2EE because of Linux:

From early 2001, GERS engineers pursued development on BEA WebLogic Server and JBoss, while another group of its programmers worked with the Microsoft .NET beta. When it came to putting a system into production, the availability of J2EE for Linux was critical.

The decision in mid-2002 to choose WebSphere instead of WebLogic, JBoss, or .NET as a Web services delivery platform came down to three requirements: support for a variety of infrastructures running at customers' locations, strong administration features, and keeping GERS's own developers happy. Only WebSphere delivered on all three.

Read: There is a God - and his name is Linux

Topic: Xerces versions, WLS, Crystal Reports Java API Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: I love my keyboard!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use