The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
WebLogic Aspect framework: embrace and ...?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Ted Leung

Nickname: twl

Ted Leung is principal of Sauria Associates, LLC. He is a member of the Apache Software Foundation
WebLogic Aspect framework: embrace and ...? Posted: Aug 13, 2003 2:54 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Ted Leung.
Original Post: WebLogic Aspect framework: embrace and ...?
Feed Title: Ted Leung on the air : computers/programming/java
Feed URL: http://www.sauria.com/blog/computers/programming/java?flav=rss
Feed Description: Ted Leung on the air: Open Source, Java, Python, and ...
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Ted Leung
Latest Posts From Ted Leung on the air : computers/programming/java

Advertisement
Cedric announced BEA's new WebLogic Aspect framework. I haven't downloaded it, but from his article it looks like they are using AspectJ to add specific pointcuts for intercepting J2EE functionality. It's not an attempt to aspectify the entire container, the way the JBoss (and nano/pico container) folks are talking about. So, do we give BEA credit for picking up aspects or is this an attempt to convince people that the best us for AOP is extending what's already there in J2EE? Or maybe I shouldn't ascribe such simple motivations to a big company...

Read: WebLogic Aspect framework: embrace and ...?

Topic: EclipseME Plugin-J2ME Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: RE: Professional JSP, 3rd Edition

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use