The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Answers Forum
Need help creating a server and internet interface

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Mar 30, 2002 4:44 AM by Master

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Avin Sinanan

Nickname: avin

Need help creating a server and internet interface Posted: Mar 29, 2002 11:18 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Hello,
Am trying to turn mu computer into a server so that once it is connected to the imternet I can access files from it from another computer.

I guess I would need a website so that when I go to that website I can access my comuter. Lets assume that I have a java file on my harddrive. And its already complied using JCreator. How do I access this java file ( well the fuctinality of this java file ) from another computer. I guess I would need some type of interface written in java to interface with the internet and to interact with my computer from another web site.

Can someone get me started on this project? Like a skeleton code and I'll work on it. I just need a starting place.

Thanks in advance.

Master

Nickname: plut

Re: Need help creating a server and internet interface Posted: Mar 30, 2002 4:44 AM
Reply to this message Reply
I'm not sure I understand your question but:

If you are trying to create a WEB server you can look into Socket programing! You don't need to make a web site.(Read about TCP/IP and/or HTTP protocols!)

If you are trying to make an instance of a java object resident on machine A from machine B through the internet you may use Java RMI. (Read about stubs and skeletons and Java register)!

Well, thats all I can help you with. I'm currently enjoying my easter hollidays so I don't have any ex. code available. (And it's been a while since I did this.) Hope this can help :)

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: java and hyper terminal Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: light a pixel

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use