The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Answers Forum
Blojsom and news/RSS feeds?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Amanda

Nickname: oo7girl

Blojsom and news/RSS feeds? Posted: Jun 11, 2004 7:52 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Hello everyone,

First off, let me say that I am a complete no-nothing when it comes to Java. I'm trying to figure out a way to implement a specific feature for a website. I want to set up a "Today in History" news feed of sorts. There should be an area on the main page that will rotate content that is dependent on the day of the year that the visitor arrives at the site. For example, if it is June 11, the visitor will view "today in history" for June 11th in the scroller. I have one file for each day of the year that needs to be pulled up.

I have tried many ways of doing this, including using JavaSript to automatically detect the date and display the corresponding content. This works if I place the content in an iframe or layer, but there are problems with this in terms of layout, etc.

Essentially, my question is whether Blojsom (http://wiki.blojsom.com/wiki/display/blojsom/About%2Bblojsom) could be used to develop an RSS feed like this. I should mention that we cannot do anything server-side, so we're highly restricted here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Topic: Java-Packages Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Controlling number of Objects

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use