The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Answers Forum
jsp calling dos shell

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Mar 4, 2002 12:30 AM by Bill Venners

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
des

Nickname: des

jsp calling dos shell Posted: Mar 3, 2002 10:49 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
i am trying to call a java class from another java file but it returns a "cannot resolve symbol" when it is compiled...somebody told me that there is a function (or is it method) in jsp that can call dos shell that can be use to execute the class...does anyone know what is this function/method? and how is it used?

Bill Venners

Nickname: bv

Re: jsp calling dos shell Posted: Mar 4, 2002 12:30 AM
Reply to this message Reply
You may be thinking of Runtime.exec(), which allows you to exec a process. The JSP you are looking at right now does this to run a server side include program (C++) the generates the HTML for the banner ad in the upper right corner. But it sounds more like you need to put the class you are trying to refer to in the right directory so it can be found by your app server. Then you can just access it from your JSP. How that works depends on your app server, so I'd consult its documentation.

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: Problem w/if statements, boolean, & char Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: VRML and JAVA

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use