The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Answers Forum
Need help , while using Strusts

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Sep 18, 2003 4:07 AM by Senthoorkumaran Punniamoorthy

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
perry arora

Nickname: perry

Need help , while using Strusts Posted: Sep 18, 2003 12:04 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
hi friends~!~~

need the help of experts...

I am trying to use the struts in a web application , this is my first time i m using it, and i am facing the following error

type Exception report
message Internal Server Error
description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating servlet class MyActionServlet
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:895)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:655)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java: 214)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java: 190)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2347)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.jav a:170)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:17 4)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:102 7)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1125)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
root cause
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/beanutils/Converter
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:232)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:886)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:655)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java: 214)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java: 190)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2347)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.jav a:170)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:17 4)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:102 7)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1125)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

for verfying that i am placing the class files in the right directory i wrote one more application code and tried to run , it worked absolutely fine ,I am using the tomcat 4.0 server and i placed the class files in the directory

TOMCATROOT\webapps\application-context\web-inf\classes

it worked fine , but when i am using the struts framework i am facing the above error , i would like to mention what changes i have done before running the struts based web application

(1) I PALCED THE struts-config.xml file in the directory TOMCATROOT\webapps\application-root\web-inf
(2) WITH THAT I HAVE PLACED THE struts.jar file in TOMCATRPPT\webapps\application-context\web-inf\lib

do i need to do some more changes or need to mention few more things..

i would also like t o mention what i thought of the probelm., i think that the problem coud be with the location where we should have a copy of struts.jar file in the tomcat server or it could be a version conflict that is may be there could be a stipulation about specific verison of struts.xml file to be used with this version of tomacat

I BADLY NEED HELP ON THIS

I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE ANY KIND OF SUGGESTION/HELP AS I AM RELLY STUCK IN THIS AND BEING A FIRST ATTEMPT I COUDNT THINK MORE AND NOT ABLE TO DO MUCH IN THIS....

THXS A LOT

Senthoorkumaran Punniamoorthy

Nickname: senthoor

Re: Need help , while using Strusts Posted: Sep 18, 2003 4:07 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Actually you will find better answer in the Struts user group for this question. Anyway...

Actually the problem is not with the location you have copied sturts.jar. You have not copied some other filed required by Struts in the webapps\application-context\WEB-INF\lib directory.

I suggest you follow the procedure in this link

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/installation.html

From the error message I think you are missing Beanutils in your lib directory.

The best way I would suggest to start your development is to, copy the struts-blank.war which you will have in the struts installation directory inside the webapps and rename it to your application context name. When you start tomcat this will create the necesary directory structure with all the required files and jars in it. From there on you can proceed to add whatever you want which is your application specific.

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: multi array Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: char problem

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use