The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Answers Forum
why java swing components are not working with Microsoft VM?

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Sep 1, 2003 7:44 AM by David

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Mohamed Riyaz

Nickname: riyaz

why java swing components are not working with Microsoft VM? Posted: Sep 1, 2003 4:09 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
I wrote java applet contains swing components using Microsoft SDK. During the compilation, it throws error message as following:

Microsoft (R) Visual J++ Compiler Version 6.00.8424
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1996-1998. All rights reserved.

Currency1.java(7,8) : error J0051: Undefined package 'javax.swing'

How to resolve this issue? Plz reply.

regards
riyaz,dubai

David

Nickname: archangel

Re: why java swing components are not working with Microsoft VM? Posted: Sep 1, 2003 7:44 AM
Reply to this message Reply
J++ is not really Java. It's Microsoft's non-standard version. It uses an old version of the JVM and JFC (before swing was introduced). It's also no longer really supported - it's successor, J#, using the .NET framework instead.

I know that it is possible to force J++ to use the Swing libraries, but it takes a lot of work. I suggest you Google.

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: JSP to excel error Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Modelling a business rule

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use