The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Answers Forum
JApplet and Applet... class not found

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Mar 26, 2002 12:27 AM by Palani kumar

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
katherina

Nickname: lazycloud

JApplet and Applet... class not found Posted: Mar 25, 2002 11:54 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
when i run my JApplets (yeah i tried a bunch) through the applet viewer in visual cafe (yes i did select the html thingee in the options) the applets run fine. but when i run it through browser (double click on html file) it says class ??? not found (??? is the name of my class file). howwever one of applets is working but it's an Applet and not a JApplet... but then it might just be a coincidence. though i know the prob isn't the plug in then... i can't really just transform my code into an applet since i've used methods that are only in japplet... any ideas?
thanks
oh please reply on the forum and not through my email cuz i never check it.

Palani kumar

Nickname: coolgossip

Re: JApplet and Applet... class not found Posted: Mar 26, 2002 12:27 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Hai
i think the jvm used in the browser is a old one which doesn't support swings.if you want to use swing in browser u should provide with a plugin(updated JVM) that can be installed in the client

for example u can specify the browser to use the updated jre by specifying in the applet or object tag

you can check out this site for more details
http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/docs/tags.html#Intro

Cheers

Palani kumar

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: Copying Strings into an array Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: mobile+Java

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use